Today I had a little reunion with my roommates of my sophomore year. We are all now married, I have a baby, and Maren is about to become a mommy. We have all changed so much in 4 years! It was so fun to reminisce and catch up. This one recipe came up while we were reminiscing. Maren's mom had come to visit when we were all living together and made us a delicious dinner and amazing dessert. Before I we all moved apart I had Maren write it down for me on a paper plate (all that was left while we were cleaning). I still have the paper plate and now am passing the recipe on to my roomies and any of you who would like it. It is really simple but SOOOO delicious! Enjoy!
Oatmeal Cake
1 cup oats softened in 1.5 cups of boiling water
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1.5 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes in a greased pan.
In a pan melt:
6 Tbs butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
Pour topping over almost done cake. Broil for about 5 minutes until the cake is bubbly and delicious.
```````````````````````````````````
One other recipe I thought I would share is a super easy bread recipe. It has a great texture and takes hardly any effort. Makes about 3 loaves.
Whole Wheat Bread
5.5 cups hot water
2 Tbs. salt
2/3 cup oil
2/3 cup honey
3 Tbs. yeast
10-14 cups whole wheat flour
Mix ingredients in order listed. Knead 10 minutes. Shape dough and put in bread pan. Place in cold oven and turn to 150 for 15 minutes until it raises. Turn oven to 350 and bake for another 30 minutes. ***Optional: after removing from the oven spread butter or margarine over the top to soften the crust***

1 comment:
I remember the Oatmeal Cake, It is good! I'll have to make it this weekend. Thanks for the recipe.
Post a Comment