Friday, October 2, 2009

Feeding Time


Alex is quite the chow hound! He eats 30 oz of formula and 3 jars of food a day! Lately he's been getting really distracted while I feed him his solids. Between his favorite sticker on his swing (the boring blue one that says "flip away toy bar") and his favorite picture frames on the wall he's laughing and smiling at everything but not staying focused on me. Maybe it's because he knows I am gonna get the food in his mouth one way or another therefore he doesn't need to look at me, or he's just really easily distracted. :-) So like most moms would, I do whatever is necessary to get his attention. As you can see my ears are not adorned with earrings but rather Alex's favorite toy, the chimp. Works like a charm! Full attenting the whole time!
His other new discovery, and one quite less desireable, is tempertantrums after eating. As I mentioned before he LOVES to eat, and really really doesn't like it when the bottle is done. He shreaks, arches his back, and kicks his little feet as fast as they will go. My newest discovery is that his pacifier works wonders for this. Before now he has had no desire to use a pacifier and still doesn't except for right after feedings. What a character he is!




2 comments:

Teresa Strum said...

HOw funny! I love the Chimp on your ear. I remember with Brayden doing anything possible to try and get his attention while eating...Ryan would stand on top of a chair and sing a song or do a little dance. That would work like a charm. Fun times.

audrey said...

I'm sure glad the pacifer works again. Love the earings!