For General Conference weekend I made some yummy cinnamon rolls. I thought I share the recipe with ya'll. I have to give credit to my super-mom sister Teresa--this is her recipe. Enjoy!Dough:
1 pkg yeast
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 c really warm water
Dissolve yeast and sugar in a large bowl, then add all of the following to the mixture and mix well with a wire whisk.
1/3 c dry milk
1/4 c + 2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c shortening
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 c warm water
5 c of flour
Stir in hald the flour and mix well with whisk. Add the remainder and stir with a large spoon. Kneed dough until smooth. refrigerate dough (may be kept in fridge for up to 5 days). Take dough out of fridge and roll into 1/4" thick rectangle.
Filling:
1 c brown sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 stick of butter
Using a pastery cutter mix the ingredients until you have a fine crumble. Spread over dough. Roll up. Slice 1" thick (tip: I use floss to cut). Place on greased pan and bake at 400 degres for 20 minutes.
Icing:
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
6 tbsp butter
2 oz soft cream cheese ( I use Neufchatel; it's lower in fat and softer)
Dash of Salt

2 comments:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...my mouth is watering!!!
Hey Jess, this is Kim (Mark's wife). We need a teacher for our Utah County temple classes- will you give me a call when you get a sec (if you are interested or if you know someone)? Thanks! 435-843-5251
P.S. Alex is so stinking cute - glad to see he's feeling better. Sick kids are the worst, and it never gets easier!
Post a Comment