Thursday, February 10, 2011

Alex's Birthday

Alex's birthday started out like any other day...a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in the morning.  His new favorite thing is to be all snuggled up in the fleece horsey blanket from Oma with his Bee pillow and pillow case.  I remember how much I loved it when my dad wrapping me in a "cocoon" when I watched cartoons; it must be a kid thing.  :-) Can you tell he's excited for Mickey?

 These are the before the cake photos....
 Alex is such a happy guy!  We're so blessed to have such a sweet little boy. We love his laugh and how playful he is.





 I experimented for the first time with making marshmallow fondant.  Fun to make...hard to work with...but tasted great.  Alex loved his cake, especially the clubhouse. He kept trying to pull the Mickey Mouse ears off.


 Alex's birthday kinda centered around Mickey as it is his favorite thing right now.  From us he got a few Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVDs, a Mickey Mouse plate/bowl/cup set, and the little figures on the cake. 

Alex has started making this really funny suspicious face. Can you tell he's two?
After getting a bath and washing all the cake off, Alex got to open more of his presents.  He got some really cute outfits from Omama and Opa along with a Clifford DVD, another Hallmark book with Grandma & Grandpa Kimball recorded reading it to him as well as a fridge phonics set, and still enjoys his Christmas/Birthday Mickey Mouse bed & bedset gift from Oma & Grandpa Gomm.  Alex loves all of his gifts; thank you all so much!
 


5 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

That is adorable! I'm glad he had a great 2nd birthday! And amazing cake, Jess!

Teresa Strum said...

I love the cake! It looks incredible. I love the suspicious look!

Jesse Bingham said...

So cute! The first thing Gemma wants to do when she wakes up is watch a show, too! :) Great job on the cake--it's awesome!

--Monica

PS I just got a separate google account so can you send me an invite to your blog? My email is on facebook. :) Thanks!

Julie said...

CUTE cake! Well done, missy!

audrey said...

Happy Birthday Alex! Love the cake video.