November was a month full of visits to Primary Children's. Alex got to see the eye doctor, ear doctor, and genetisist. Although I wasn't super thrilled about making the drive back and forth from Provo to the University of Utah, it allowed us the chance to stop by my grandma Gomm's house and visit. She couldn't get over what a cute chunk Alex is. It was fun to get to visit with her.




On a few weekends Steve got the chance to help out Board Game Revolution by running a tent sale on University Ave. It was SOOOO cold the day we came to bring him lunch and visit. We barracded Alex's stroller to keep him out of the wind. He was a happy camper and loved being outside.

On Thanksgiving morning we went up to Murry to be with Grandma and Grandpa Harmon and family. We had a yummy Thanksgiving breakfast and then enjoyed playing games together and had a talent show. Thais, a friend of the family, had come to visit from Brazil and enjoyed meeting Alex for the first time.
Cooking a turkey was quite the experience....I'm tempted to just by a ready made one or pay someone to cook it for me next year. :-) I'm sure I'll get better, but man! Talk about clueless. Had I not called my brother-in-law, Ryan (the turkey expert), I would have just put in some stuffing without removing all the "fun" goodies they put inside. All in all it turned out pretty good, it just took a really long time and I wasn't able to time everything right so that all the food was warm at the same time...Holiday meals are truly an art!

My job was to cook the meal and learn to cook a turkey, I assigned Steve and Quin the job of learning how to carve the turkey....take note that I gave Steve this assignment weeks in advance. Both of them later expressed how they though that it couldn't be that hard and only minutes before dinner did they look up the "e-how" on carving a turkey. It was entertaining to watch them carve to say the least... :-) Check out the video at the end.
Alex had gone to bed by the time the turkey was done, but woke up again around 8:30pm so he got to hang out in his new high chair from his Omama and Opa.
The next day, after Quin and I hit up all the after-Thanksgiving day sales, Steve and I went up Provo Canyon to set up the spot where our friend, Trendon, planned on proposing to his girlfriend that day. Alex enjoyed "going on a fieldtrip" as we call them. He was facinated by the patches of snow and the sound of the rushing water a creek we crossed.
I miss doing floral stuff, so this was a lot of fun to arrange a bouquet and make giant bows. They turned out better then Trendon had expected.
While I set things up, Steve and Alex made faces at each other and Steve discovered that Alex loves the noise the chicken makes on the Burger King commercial ( I attached it for your enjoyment if you haven't seen it)

No comments:
Post a Comment