We haven't posted for such a long time, and many family members are requesting updates and pictures of Alex. I've been working on getting the Halloween and Thanksgiving pictures up, but they aren't finished yet, so hopefully this with suffice for now. So here's the scoop:
* Alex had his surgery on December 10th and everything went well. He had tubes put in his ears and his lachrymal eye duct cleaned & expanded. Since then he seems to be growing at an extremely fast rate! Within a week he was sitting on his own, babbling more consonants, exploring all the sounds he can make, and simply enjoying hearing his world. He is such a happy, adorable little boy! He loves making faces for the camera, especially ones that include silly things with his tongue. :-)
* Steve and I finished out our semester with the best grades of our college careers. We are so excited we only have one semester left! Steve loves his internship/job working as an editor for the Humanities Publication Center on campus. I enjoyed all of my creative classes (landscape design, interior design, and swimwear/knits sewing) but man what a lot of work! After Alex's surgery I proceeded to stay up for 44 hours straight to finish my final landscape design and portfolio. Still catching up on sleep....
Hope you enjoy the MANY pictures. :-)
I was baking a pie and he thought a pie pan looked interesting so I let him play with it. It was a quick favorite.







Alex had a really grumpy Sunday at church and when we got home, Steve tried to keep him content while I made a bottle. Steve discovered on accident that Alex loves his belly being scratched. Random, but we'll take it if it keeps him from screaming. :-)

Our poor Christmas tree didn't get decorated until December 18th; we were just so busy with school! Alex enjoyed looking at all of the ornaments.


Our poor Christmas tree didn't get decorated until December 18th; we were just so busy with school! Alex enjoyed looking at all of the ornaments.
Alex has upgraded to his big-kid car seat! He loves it! Although he's not quite a year yet he meets the size requirements and we kinda needed to make the switch out of necessity. He's so proud of himself for being able to sit up he wanted to practice all the time...even in his reclining car seat. This was fine until he would throw his head back against the headrest. We were really worried he was going to hurt himself.


The Provo Early Education Program (PEEP) threw a Christmas party for all the families with kids in the program. So Alex got to see Santa for the first time. It's really funny, he has a odd fascination with bearded men. He loves them! Our friend Andrew grew a beard and no matter what kind of mood Alex was in, every time he saw Andrew he would laugh. The geneticist was an older bearded man and as soon as he walked in the door Alex squealed with delight. I was in the checkout line at the grocery store the other day and Alex, looking over my shoulder, started laughing; I turned around and sure enough there was a man with a beard. What his fascination is with beards I have no clue but as you can imagine, he loved seeing Santa.



1 comment:
What a delicious fat little guy you have! YUMMY! So cute.
Glad to see a post.
xo
Post a Comment