Monday, March 23, 2009

Most Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!!!

So I know Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes are super common and everyone thinks that their recipe is the best, but this recipe is amazing! I've tried a lot of CCC recipes and liked many of them but this one takes the cake...or cookie. :-) This cookie is crunchy on the edges and soft in the middle and still has a nice, thick, fluffy feel. Try it out! You may want to double the batch cause I guarantee they will disappear fast.

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (you can use margarine if you'd like but butter is best)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg (room temp)
1 egg yolk (room temp)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or 1/2 milk choc. & 1/2 semisweet)

Directions:

1. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
3. Refrigerate dough for at least an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
5.Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. Bake for 13-20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh I am SOOOOO excited to try out this recipie!! Rob and I are CCC baking retarded... seriously. I don't know what our problem is, but our cookies always turn out looking completely demented. The look like little cow pies. Taste is not everything... sometimes it helps to have your cookies to actually LOOK good too! I'm excited to see if we can make this one work!

Amy said...

I have to say, I am very lucky to have tried these amazing cookies...just like 2 minutes ago. And when I came to your blog, I was even happier to see the recipe b/c they really are wonderful! I made a batch of CCC last week, another batch yesterday and I'm ready to make these soon. CCC has been my craving lately! Thanks so much for sharing Jess! :) We were at the Polynesian Luau tonight. Sorry we missed you. Hope you're doing well.

Sallie said...

so i know you posted this along time ago and I am steves cousin, but i make this cookies weekly. I love them. THANK YOU!