Friday, January 20, 2012

November

 It started getting chilly in November so it was time to bundle up when we went outside.  Alex is so cute in his "marshmallow" clothes.
 He's such a big boy!  He LOVES carrying his lunch box to and from school.
  Alex has started playing with us at the park.  He thinks it's hilarious to watch us throw the football back and forth.  He wanted to get in the action. Our little tank carried the football back and forth.


 Steve tried to teach him about baseball . . . Alex thought the dugout—especially the chain link door—was the coolest.

  My happy boys!
 Thanksgiving was at home again this year. I got brave and tried a turkey again.  I brined it for the first time and it was delicious.  Happy Thanksgiving! 

Black Friday!!!  WOOOO WHOOOO!  I was a little ambitious this year and hit Toys R' Us and Walmart.  The line at Toys R' Us was like something from Disneyland . . . unfortunately there wasn't a great reward at the end of the line. The last copy of the toy I waited an hour and a half for was snatched by the person right in front of me. Lame . . . Walmart was exciting.  It was a mad house—women fighting over bed sheets, ripping comforters, etc.  I waited for the electronics displays to open.  Below is a picture of the hovering vultures. It was crazy to watch how people loose all inhibitions and rational thinking when they want to save a few bucks. People were diving out of their shopping carts. There was a little girl that slipped in front of me just before the displays were opened who nearly got crushed in the madness.  Me and another gentleman managed to block like line backers for her and another person lifted her out to safety.

 The day after Thanksgiving we got out our Christmas stuff and started setting up the tree.  Our little musical boy loved all the music boxes.  Even after the ornaments were on the tree, he would find the ones that made music, take it off, and chase me around the house until I turned it on.

  

No comments: