Alex went on his first field trip yesterday! The Pre-K–1st Grade rode buses down to Emma Krumbee's Apple Orchard. I was a little nervous because Alex sometimes decides that he doesn't want to walk. I didn't want to have him be a burden on the teachers as they tried to take care of the whole class. But after a little reassurance from his teacher (she did give me the option to come if I wanted), I decided that I'd be a brave mom and let Alex go alone. He did great! They had a wagon for the little ones to ride in when their legs got tired, but he did walk some of it. And he brought home a pumpkin. He thinks it's pretty special and is even trying to say that word. He definitely recognizes the sign for pumpkin.
After school Alex likes to play in his room and look at books. I was busy in the kitchen when I head some unusual noise. . . . in his room I found him climbing on his changing table! He's quite the agile little climber now. Amazing! The major draw for him was to get to his "Mickey & Friends" sticker. . . . it has subsequently been moved to a lower location. : -)
This morning I went for a run after dropping Alex off at school and it was wonderful!!! Aside from being allergic to outside, I LOVE the fall in the midwest. The trees are really starting to change to vibrant beautiful new hues. I love the sound of the wind rustling the leaves loose and enjoy watching them gracefully flutter to the ground. Such a wonderful world God has created for us!

2 comments:
Wow, gorgeous pictures! I love fall, too! If you ever want to come to a class at the YMCA with me, just let me know! I have some guest passes, and we go usually around 9:30 or 10.
Beautiful Pictures! Love the Fall in the Midwest!!! Cute Alex with his pumpkin!
Post a Comment