Friday, March 18, 2011

Today's Walk

Well Minnesota is melting.  :-) It was a balmy 39 degrees today so Alex and I decided to go for a walk. We haven't been to our park for 4 months!  There's still snow on the ground, but it is melting quick and there's marshy ground and trickling water everywhere.  It was great to be out in the sunshine again.  

This morning my mom said that they are having wintery weather...40 degrees, rain and flooding expected.  Not too different from here...39 degrees, flooding expected...except Minnesotans call this spring and people begin to emerge from hibernation. :-)

 I'm so glad Alex likes his backpack again!  He loves the wind. 


 Of course the cold snow runoff is more interesting when you're in it....never mind the cold fingers and wet pants.


 Alex LOVES slides now.  :-)



1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

I'm glad you got out! I don't miss our apartment, but I do miss that walking trail and the parks there. I blog a lot...because I get on the computer when the girls go to sleep. I get my pictures off my camera and pick the ones for the blog right away, then write about them while the memories are fresh. Since I don't keep any other journals, I consider the blog like my family journal. So I know that whatever I miss, I probably won't remember and Katie & Jane will never know. :) I like writing a lot, so that helps too. It's not a chore, but instead is a hobby that I love.