Alex's high chair has become a favorite. Luckily it is easy to detach and reattach to the chair so it can go anywhere. Here he is watching his favorite morning show with his pillow. :-)
While I was finishing some pillows the YW had made, Alex discovered that poly-fil is really fun to pull apart. He tasted, shred, and threw it.
Alex's "pillow" had about had it...the threads were shredding and you could see through it now. I went through the tedious process of taking apart the matching comforter so that I could use the fabric to make a new pillow case. You may wonder, "why not just buy a new one?" Well I would if I could, but this was my bedding set from my Freshman year in college (7 years ago) and I purchased it at Mervyn's, which has been, regrettably, out of business for a couple of years now. So this was the best option. After all of my troubles though....can you guess which pillow case Alex still wanted? The picture says it all. ;-)
Alex is my little helper when I clean house. His favorite job is "Bathtub Inspector" :-) This is one of his favorite places in the whole house. If we aren't careful to remember to close the door, I'll hear a thud during the day and find him in here.
Since his surgery he's been fascinated with drumming on things. The bathtub is great because it makes great sounds back and they echo in the bathroom.
Something that's been a little hard for me with Alex's delays is that I haven't been able to do much art with him. He doesn't want to hold anything to scribble with, and doesn't like the textures of paint. He loves pudding though....so I thought that while I can't hang this on my fridge, it's still him being creative and the closest thing to painting at this point. He had a great time, but I think the bath afterwards he enjoyed even better. :-)
Alex LOVES anything TV-like. I've been working on putting all of our home videos on DVDs and Alex enjoys watching the previews on our Mac. He especially enjoys watching the videos of himself...which most of them are. He is the center of our world!

No comments:
Post a Comment