
Alex is now 5 months old and such a riot. He still loves his swing above anything else, and has now discovered he loves to be outside. At one time he hated going out because of the wind. If there was even a faint breeze he would stick his tongue out
and breath in as deep as he could until he would scream to get the air out. :-) Now he just laughs when the wind blows on him. He loves his little blanket-bear toy; Steve has named it Ajax since it is Alexander the Great's toy (sticking with Greek History). If you look closely at the picture to your right you'll see he's doing this pucker like face. Well, that is his calm, sucking face. He still doesn't want a pacifier but loves to suck.
This has become a good sign for us. It let's us know when he is completely relaxed and calm. He does it everywhere; home, church, the store, and people really get a kick out of his unique talent. :-)
He's not sitting up on his own yet but he is getting stronger every day. He loves his tummy time now and loves to growl and roll over.
Alex's newest discovery is the TV.....Before I was a mom I said I wasn't going to let my kids watch TV when they were babies and was very against Baby Einstein and such; well I've kinda changed on that one. I've discovered that with the help of Disney & Pixar movies, I'm able to get a shower and brush my teeth every morning (quite the luxury for a new mom). So in small doses when I need a moment, TV isn't that bad. And the way I see it, he's learning shapes, colors and maybe a few other things. :-) His favorite movies are Toy Story, A Bugs Life, and Finding Nemo.
Alex still loves to be cuddled and fall asleep on my shoulder. He
keeps one eye slightly cracked thought to make sure that we don't go anywhere. I'm totally serious too! When he falls asleep for a nap, he'll keep one eye slightly open and even if you think he is asleep and try to sneak away both eyes fly open and
there comes the pouty lip. It's a tricky business getting him to sleep and then sneaking him away. He sure loves company.
Since Alex was born in the winter months and a little fragile with his
health we chose to keep him home for the 3 months of his life. Each week Steve and I would trade off who got to go to church and
who would stay home with the Booker. Alex's first Sunday was Easter Sunday, and stylishly made his religious debut in an adorable outfit
from his Aunt Teresa.
Alex's other new discoveries and accomplishments
are rolling over (belly to back), arching his back, holding his bottle solo for a few seconds, and sucking his thumb. Now many of you may think that sucking a thumb is a bad thing but we are quite happy with it because it is helping him learn to pull his right thumb out on his own (remember he was born with the desire to keep it tucked in tight).
Our German friends Jörg and Silke sent us a fun package for Alex. It had a little toy that is similar to Ajax, but looks like a clown and a little velour outfit.

Trying to eat as with a baby in arms is quite a talent. I wouldn't recommend learning with pasta. :-)

My friend Kaylene came down for a visit and offered to watch Alex so that Steve and I could go to the temple. Kaylene is quite the "baby whisperer."
Alex melts in her arms. He got so relaxed after her rubbing his belly that he fell asleep.
Steve and Alex have such a special relationship. Alex LOVES his daddy. When we put Alex
down for bed he sometimes gets lonely and starts to cry after we leave, as soon as Steve comes
back into sight Alex gets the biggest grin on his face. When Steve is
coming home from work or has a break he calls to talk to me and I put him on speaker phone for Alex. Alex
gets real quite and listens really intently and then laughs when his daddy starts singing his song. Alex's loves sitting in Steve's lap and watching him play video games. Sometimes Steve is the only one that can calm him down when he's upset; whether that is by
nuzzling his face, singing to him, holding him face out, or just talking and laughing with him. Steve is such a good daddy and boy does his boy love him!








2 comments:
You guys sound like your adjusting so well! He is so stinking CUTE! I'm not just saying that either... he's so lucky to have such great parents! I can totally relate with the TV thing..Brooke LOVED nemo!
Hey Jess Steve and Alex,
So fun to see all the pictures of you guys. Alex is such a cute guy and it seem like he is pretty smart. You both are great parents!
Post a Comment